English Thread (beginners and bilingual)

Démarré par Noxneo, 12 Décembre 2006 à 18:45

Citation de: Morwenn le 15 Juillet 2007 à 17:10
Yeah, for me as an exemple, Just enought to have more than 10 points, very bad :mrgreen:

But English is a good linguage easy to speak (exemple : "I like Zelda and Link" or "My flowers are beautiful", you see, it's very very easier than the german :ninja:),

Yeah, for me as an "example".
Just "enough" to have more than 10 points, very bad.
But English is a good "language" easy to speak ("example" ...

Maybe it's easy to speak, but not really easy about writting isn't ? :)

I must say I'm not The God off the English Writing :D
Yeah, it's easier to read than to speak or write :mrgreen:

I don't think I'm very good in English writing, it's because I am on this thread, I wanna progress. Lemme make some mistress, it's not very important. In fact, these are just some little mistress when I see my tests. Sometimes, I think I'm really bad :ninja:

Next year, it'll be better : I'll have history and Biology lessons in French AND in English... :mrgreen:

Européan Section powaaaa !!! :P

Rofl, but of course you'll get better if you continue like this. Everything in English could help you getting better as far as video games, lessons, website , games , TV and lot more.;)
Trust me, keep practicing and you'll get better and maybe more than you are in French ..?

Impossible, I'm at the top of the Franch language :P

But, I really wanna be very good in English^^

I've bought four japanese comics in Scotland last holiday, it's better for the current English language than the books of great litterature^^

I've a japanese comics in German too, but it's really more difficult to understand :ninja:

Just a question :
We have to say "japanese comics" in english for "manga" ?

Oh, I don't know exactly, but if it's the case, everybody understand "japanese comics", if the term maga is not used, it's better  ^_^

Ok, thanks :)

Citation de: Morwenn le 15 Juillet 2007 à 22:05
Impossible, I'm at the top of the Franch language :P

But, I really wanna be very good in English^^
Oh yes, you're at the top ! :D
I know : it's just a mistake... ;)

Yep, I have never read Japanese comics in English, just once in Japanese but it's too hard for me. :P
Anyway, I got the habit of watching many series in English with English subtitle for vocabulary. At the beginning, it wasn't really easier than I have expected. But I give this advice to anyone, who have in mind  to learn English whit happiness  :lol: It's better than play video games in English because the vocabulary is more restricted than series.

Without spelling mistake I hope.
Je t' lily.

Regex / Les ravages de linux
CitationDites, dans un CV, faut mettre si on préfère vim ou emacs ?
Dis papa comment on fait les bébé
[/table

Yeah, I watch more and more films in English, but I never watche French films in English :mrgreen:

And I can say, like Mooglwy, that read a Japanese comics in Japanese is very hard, I've tried, but it's impossible.

What japanese comics has you tried ti read in Japanese ? :)

Citation de: mooglwy le 16 Juillet 2007 à 12:50
Yep, I have never read Japanese comics in English, just once in Japanese but it's too hard for me. :P
Anyway, I got the habit of watching many series in English with English subtitle for vocabulary. At the beginning, it wasn't really easier than I have expected. But I give this advice to anyone, who have in mind  to learn English whit happiness  :lol: It's better than play video games in English because the vocabulary is more restricted than series.

Without spelling mistake I hope.

Well, if you play qualitiy video games in english, you may learn tons of vocabulary... I mean, games like Zelda, or Fire Emblem, or old RPGs... These are good !
And there are some books that may be interesting. The last one I read was The Hobbit. Both funny and useful !  :D
Citation de: Morwenn le 16 Juillet 2007 à 12:56
Yeah, I watch more and more films in English, but I never watche French films in English :mrgreen:

And I can say, like Mooglwy, that read a Japanese comics in Japanese is very hard, I've tried, but it's impossible.

What japanese comics has you tried ti read in Japanese ? :)

The english teacher I had two years ago had us watching movies to improve our english. Actually, this man was a real GOD ! I never had a better teacher !

There are movies that are easier to understand than others... One of the easiest is Star Wars III : Revenge of the Siths. It can even be understood without subtitles  :ninja:
[/url]

Fwizzz, bwam, blowm....

It's not very difficult to understand a Star Wars in English :paf:

I've seen my sister playing a video game in  English, in fact, the game doesn't exist in Frech, it's Star Ocean III.

Very nice game, and sometimes very funny^^

You all should try, it's very good to improve our English :P

I bought a dragon ball on eBay. I recognize some hiragana but there is too onomatopoeia and so few kanji to me. However it's really fun to have some Japanese comics in Japanese in my library. Maybe i'll buy all dragon ball in Japanese for the fun. :lol:

Citation de: Grevious-ganon798 le 16 Juillet 2007 à 13:00
Well, if you play qualitiy video games in english, you may learn tons of vocabulary... I mean, games like Zelda

Lol that's righ in zelda game!  :D I hope you're laughing zelda is no the good example, or any old game, we need some FFXII to have many cinematic and dialog scene.   
Je t' lily.

[/table

16 Juillet 2007 à 13:09 #112 Dernière édition: 16 Juillet 2007 à 13:10 par Grevious-ganon798
Well... I remember I learnt such words as bane, or dwell in Zelda  :rolleyes:

Sonic games are good too, since every character has a theme song... Sang in english, that's obvious !
[/url]

Japanese is very hard to learn, I just know some Kanjis (thanks to my chinese lessons) and some basic words like "moshimoshi" or "konichi wa", but I've never tried to learn hiragana or katakana...

I can confirm (I don't if the word exist or no :ninja:) that Zelda and old games are very bad games to improve in English :mrgreen:
I've the first Zelda one my Game Boy Advance, when I played, I didn't see taht the texts were in Englis, I read it like it was French.
I'm agree with Mooglwy to say Final Fantasy are better games than Zelda to leran more vocabulary in English :D

Or other like dwarf, elf, sword, cure, cure2.  :P
Je t' lily.

[/table

Personnally, I think that the best way to improve your english is to buy a MMORPG, and play on an English server.
It's a lot better than playing simple RPG like FF or dragon Quest because you'll be talking with real people, so you will never stop learning.  -_-

According to me, the english language is essential when you programs on a fan-game. For example, in Game Maker and in the majority of softwares of this type, all functions are in english. ;)

I think that this topic is a good mean of communication with english-speaking makers. :)

It's sure all programation languages are in English, so, when we know the entire language, we have a good biginning in English...

But I know many people know the utility of a function, but not the its sense, it's enough bad :mellow:

So everybody, hear me et listen to me, since today, you must learn at least ine programation language if you wanna be goog in English, you have no choice :mrgreen:

But as you can see, the teacher was right about saying to read our own message before posting it.
Cause some stupids mistake can change everything. -Franch instead of French
"Good biginning in English instead of beginning.." etc.

The secret ? Practice while having fun.
That's the key .;)

Oh, excuse me.

I'll take the time to watch again my posts.
Because I wanna do everything very quickly, I don't take care of little mistakes dues to my inattention.

Thank you Shadow to have notice me all these mistakes which are very, but very very bad^^!

I'll be not here during a few day...

there's not another topic where I can say what I want, so, I post here :)

I'll maybe here again since Saturday or Sunday.

So, take care of yourselves, and have fun without me. I know, without me, it's difficult, but you must try :mrgreen:

Citation de: Morwenn le 17 Juillet 2007 à 00:13
I'll be not here during a few day...

there's not another topic where I can say what I want, so, I post here :)

I'll maybe here again since Saturday or Sunday.

So, take care of yourselves, and have fun without me. I know, without me, it's difficult, but you must try :mrgreen:

That means, that your question in "cache cache zelda" will be skipped . :fete:  :mrgreen:  :linkXD:

This is a good news  :D

*Go out ...*

No, if you read the appropriate topic you'll be very happy :mrgreen:

Errr... you think of all man   :cry3:
Citation de: Morwenn le 17 Juillet 2007 à 00:28
No, if you read the appropriate topic you'll be very happy :mrgreen:

Yes of course, I am very very very happy ...  <_<

yes :) During his absence, I'm in charge of this question... Mouahahahah ! :ninja:

Don't agree ? :ninja:

Citation de: Link 57 le 16 Juillet 2007 à 13:45
According to me, the english language is essential when you programs on a fan-game. For example, in Game Maker and in the majority of softwares of this type, all functions are in english. ;)

I think that this topic is a good mean of communication with english-speaking makers. :)

A chance that RPG maker 2003 is in french.  :P
My english is to worked, because I speak and I write so bad!!!  :blink: 
*Run very fast so far away of this topic*  :ninja:

Yes, but RPG Maker 2003 is illegal...

17 Juillet 2007 à 01:02 #128 Dernière édition: 17 Juillet 2007 à 01:18 par Ganondark
Exept if I buy that.  :mrgreen:
But I Have downloaded the program. ^^
I'am a thief...  :ninja:

Even in english, you shouldn't say that here.
The rules had spoken  :ninja:
Suivez mon défi fou : finir de nouveau chaque Zelda, à 100%, dans leur ordre chronologique afin de permettre une réécriture au fur et à mesure de la légende.

I would must hard study my english the next school year.  :mrgreen:
This way, I have more chance to up my school grade, and I'll can do a goods posts in this topic.  :)

You are all better than me in English in what I see. :lol:
I find that to write English is easier than to speak about it because it's necessary to have the good pronunciation and we look more for our words. In the primary I found easy English but in the secondary it's not so simple

sorry if you don't understand my English.. :unsure:

17 Juillet 2007 à 03:03 #132 Dernière édition: 17 Juillet 2007 à 03:30 par Link 57
Don't worry Licious, your English is easy to read and to understand. :)

Else, I've just look yours pics on the album and I can say that you are a very very very [...] beautiful girl. :blush:

(you're welcome :p)

Thank you Link 57 (I see that you thanked me beforehand) :P

Also, I'm very satisfied to know that my English is understandable. ^_^
Please say it to me if I make some errors!

Ohhh an english thread :D

Well, my english isn't the best but i think that good enough for comunicate.
I have learn to speak english in like 1 year with some forum, before that i was so bad and couldn't possibility be understand by people.
Anyway if my english suck too much just feel free to tell me  :mrgreen:.

Yesterday all my trouble since so far away  :ninja:

17 Juillet 2007 à 16:41 #136 Dernière édition: 17 Juillet 2007 à 16:44 par Memo
Oh my... It's been a long time I went here! Well, majority of people says that their English is bad but not at all. You (almost) all speak English very well. The only mistake I saw is in Binbin's post. It's : "Yesterday, all my trouble seems so far away"!

Personaly, I think that it's easier to speak in English than writing. In writing I'm so a shit, I never write words correctly. Anyways, I use English a lot more for speaking to people, except in English class.

I have read all the pages of this topic and I've see that alll the members speak of all and nothing.  :blink:
Lol, a topic without subject in particular.  :linkXD:
Yeah, my english is so bouletique. :paf:

@ Link 57, I think this too.  :blush:

Given the flooding tendancies here, the topic will be locked soon if people don't use it for its primary purpose => learning english. It might be discussions on books, movies, questions on the language itself, but it is totally forbidden to post useless things - even if it's in english.

As Noxneo said it, we should speak about a subject which will not turn with post useless. Thus, I'm going to begin with a film which I would like to see " pirates of the carribbean 3 ". For those who saw the movie, I would like to have your critics and how you found him compared with both precedents. Otherwise, for those who, like me, never seen it, you can always say how you found the first and the second one. :)

I really didn't like PoC 3. The firstwas a very good entertainment, the second just made you spend an afternoon, but this one is very average. Of course, a movie with pirates just can't be bad, but the plot in this one is quite complicated for nothing, and the screenplay of Depp is not as good as we could have expected.

Citation de: Binbin le 17 Juillet 2007 à 13:53
Yesterday all my trouble since so far away  :ninja:

OMG...
OMFG !

Don't you realise you're speaking nonsense boy ? :ninja:

John Lennon actually says (or sings... :mrgreen:) :
Yesterday all my troubles seemed so far away !

Gobby would have killed you for such an horrible mistake :rolleyes:
You're lucky he can't anymore  :mrgreen:

Anyway, let's get back to the movie licious decided we'll discuss about.
To say the truth, I've only seen PoC 1... Actually, I really loved it.
But some friends told me the two wasn't that good. Is it that bad ? And is it really necessary to watch PoC2 to understand the third one ?

P.S. : Nox, you're still alive ? Haven't been there for a while !
[/url]

CitationP.S. : Nox, you're still alive ? Haven't been there for a while !

Nox works in the summer :mrgreen:

(and he's even beginning to get a real life...shame on me...)

Personally, the first was better than the second (even if I never really succeeded in seeing the beginning :D). The first, it was where the story starts, the beginning of the adventure, thus I preferred. The second was not so badly either. 
I hope that the third will be still better.
And let us acknowledge it, Jack Sparrow(Johnny depp) is really cute! :blush:

Jack Sparrow ? Cute ? I don't think it's the right word for him... :P Will Turner is cute with his lover's face but not Jack Sparrow. This pirate is funny, maybe weird sometimes... :D

I liked each movies but the first was the best for me. The 2nd et 3rd have too many actions and different (?:P) stories.

However, i'ts a good trilogy :)

Will Turner (Orlando Bloom) lol, really not my style. I hope that I will see the movie soon. 

Citation de: shadow le 19 Juillet 2007 à 15:41
I prefer Jessica Alba..  :ninja:
Lol, to be in the topic of ' ' pirates of the carribbean 3 '', you could say Elizabeth swann ( keira knightley ), no?  :P

Maybe he wants to watch "fantastic four (rise of the silver surfer)" :P

Maybe it's because you don't understand english  :mrgreen: