English Thread (beginners and bilingual)

Démarré par Noxneo, 12 Décembre 2006 à 18:45

Citation de: Supersigo le 11 Septembre 2012 à 02:41
The only mistake I've noticed.^^
It's thanks to my ex boyfriend, we were always switching between French and English, it was really fun with him. Too bad he dumped me in the end.

When you say "the government of the USA", you mean George W. Bush, right ? Do you think a dumbass like him could do something like that ? :ninja:

Well, if it is really a conspiracy, I guess it's kinda stupid. There always a better and more peaceful way than to kill 4 000 innocent citizens... Like killing only 3 000 of them :ninja:

It is already 11 years since this event, and people always talk about it up to October, and continue in the beginning of September, like it never happened between those ten months. I guess people gets easily bored of this subject.

Sup! What did you do this summer? Did you work, game... maybe sleep?

How many languages do you know? Which ones? Personnally, my French is sure fluent, my English a little bit less good, and my Spanish intermediate. I would love to know more languages, but it's quite long and difficult.

And you?

No. :angry:

Seriously, of course. If you don't know what to talk about, you can answer the questions of my previous post.

Hi there. :)
Concerning myself during all day I'm like "I gotta work stop watching animes do something" and it's already 4 a.m you know. Well I did draw yesterday so that's good. Tuesday I'm supposed to received my new card sound, and I know I'm going to play all day long. But that's okay. It's not like we're going on vacation this year so I've got plenty time in my hands. :mrgreen:

Citation de: Supersigo le 28 Juillet 2014 à 01:38
Sup! What did you do this summer? Did you work, game... maybe sleep?

How many languages do you know? Which ones? Personnally, my French is sure fluent, my English a little bit less good, and my Spanish intermediate. I would love to know more languages, but it's quite long and difficult.

And you?

Nothing much except hanging out with my gf.

I'm fluent in both French and English which is pretty natural for people living in Quebec nowadays (Actually is because I'm an internet lurker and I watched too many anime subbed in English). Actually I'd say that my written English is better than my written French but when it comes down to oral communication then I'm more at ease with French. I know enough Japanese for slight conversation but I've not been studying it a lot lately.

Citation de: Helmasaur le 28 Juillet 2014 à 02:01
I didn't know about the existance of this topic. May I join the discussion?

Sure.
'Existance' is in French, in English you write it 'Existence'. Also 'topic' in English has a slightly different meaning than what you think. The best term to define this 'topic' is 'thread'.

Citation de: Floya le 28 Juillet 2014 à 03:56
Hi there. :)
Concerning myself during all day I'm like "I gotta work stop watching animes do something" and it's already 4 a.m you know. Well I did draw yesterday so that's good. Tuesday I'm supposed to received my new card sound, and I know I'm going to play all day long. But that's okay. It's not like we're going on vacation this year so I've got plenty time in my hands. :mrgreen:

I'm sure you meant to use 'concerning myself' as 'me concernant' and while it might be correct to spell it as such I believe it sounds quite awkward. Instead I'd suggest you to use 'about me'. Also 'card sound' should be written 'sound card' because 'card sound' means 'a sound that comes from the card'.
There are some other mistakes there and there but they're not that bad.

Since we're in this thread to get more used to English I thought it'd be a good idea for me to correct whatever I saw fit. I don't mean to sound haughty by doing this and if you do not like me correcting your post then I will stop doing it.

Woops, I didn't check what I wrote there, that's some stupid mistakes. :mrgreen: Thanks anyway

Citation de: Chao le 28 Juillet 2014 à 04:45I don't mean to sound haughty by doing this and if you do not like me correcting your post then I will stop doing it.

This is the whole point of this thread, please just do lol. 
I've been improving a lot lately even though I can't practice oral conversation at all, TV shows gives me some pronunciation examples (yay shameless american accent). Playing LoL and following several streamers along with related social medias helps a lot with common English, much better than what we're taught in classrooms imo.

28 Juillet 2014 à 16:34 #208 Dernière édition: 28 Juillet 2014 à 16:39 par Supersigo
Citation de: Chao le 28 Juillet 2014 à 04:45
'Existance' is in French, in English you write it 'Existence'.

"existance" with an a nor is in French, it's "existence" too.

Citation de: Chao le 28 Juillet 2014 à 04:45
Also 'topic' in English has a slightly different meaning than what you think. The best term to define this 'topic' is 'thread'.

Indeed, I did the same mistake in my first post here. It's because we always say "topic" when we talk about a thread in French... why? :P

You may of course correct me, you seem slightly better than me.

I have some difficulties with the differences between can, may, could, shall, should, etc. and with the "non plus".

If would be fun if people could start other topi... I mean threads like this, but for other languages like Spanish.

Citation de: Supersigo le 28 Juillet 2014 à 16:34
"existance" with an a nor is in French, it's "existence" too.

My bad, that's a perfect example of what I was saying : I suck at French.

Citation de: Supersigo le 28 Juillet 2014 à 16:34
Indeed, I did the same mistake in my first post here. It's because we always say "topic" when we talk about a thread in French... why? :P

You may of course correct me, you seem slightly better than me.

I have some difficulties with the differences between can, may, could, shall, should, etc. and with the "non plus".

If would be fun if people could start other topi... I mean threads like this, but for other languages like Spanish.

These are all words you will get used to by practicing. I have no idea what you are talking about for that "non plus" though.
I think I may have already started a Japanese thread but there was nobody else who was able to speak Japanese :/.

By "non plus", I mean is it "nor" or "neither" or something else?

I remember your Japanese thread. It's true that except English, there are not a lot of other languages well known by the members of this forum.

どこで日本のスレッドがですか? ? :P :unsure: :cry3:
Hello  :mrgreen: