It's time to speak english

Démarré par megachad, 31 Janvier 2005 à 23:31

31 Janvier 2005 à 23:31 Dernière édition: 07 Décembre 2015 à 05:26 par megachad
redacted
Megachad

Yes you are quite good but :
First this topic has not its place here,
Twice a topic-like has been created about...

Is my english as good as before ?

lol I was just searching for some inspiration to finish the writing an email to some relative in Great Britain, when I had a quick look on this forum and I found this topic in English  :D

Your English is'nt bad for a eleven years old boy ;) As for mine, it was better before, but  the English classes in my Engineering school are not very good, I really think I've lost a lot in those three years... But after lots of protest from the students the English courses seems to have finally improved. Too bad I'm leaving soon... I'll have to go back to England to regain the level in English I had three years ago... (erf I had to look in the dictionnary three times to write thoses words... I really have to practice my English...)
Citation
Ash Nazg Durbatulùk, Ash Nazg Gimbatul,
Ash Nazg Thrakatulùk agh bruzum-ishi krimpatul.
The fellowship of the Ring - J.R.R. Tolkien

01 Février 2005 à 00:21 #3 Dernière édition: 01 Février 2005 à 00:21 par megachad
CitationYes you are quite good but :
First this topic has not its place here,
Twice a topic-like has been created about...

Is my english as good as before ?
When you're saying : "Twice a topic-like has been created about..."
Was the topic in english? I don't think so.
But if a moderator pass here please, move the topic to loz chat room.

P.S. I'm sorry if it's not in the good category but, I wasn't sure about the place of this topic because it's in english. And now, I stop the out-subject(i hope you'll do it to)
Megachad

Topic Moved->

CitationP.S. Am I good for an eleven years old boy?

Of course you are if you're 1 years old.
How did you learn English so fast?

As for me, I learned a lot by playing Video Games; English classes weren't very helpful in Elementary Shool and my last teacher (Secondary 2) wasn't a very good one. He knew a lot about it, but didn't know very well how to teach it so... <_< But my new one is way better than all the others I had. :D (At least, "Les classes partent pas en couille comme l'année dernière" like you say in France :lol:)

CitationThat's all folks!

Isn't it Geo? ;)

I was wondering why would there be an English topic if half (or more) members on this forum don't understand it?
As for the new Zelda, i have fait that it'll be good, well it better be, or i'll get mad, i mean, REALLY mad.

Vive le Québec!

Humm... Mmm.. That dosen't matter if anyone are not able to speak english :P
If Zelda are so sexy in the next Zelda.. I will play just for her lol! :P  

01 Février 2005 à 01:44 #7 Dernière édition: 01 Février 2005 à 01:45 par chuck
Humm.. Ok me I will traduct just my text for you but it's a special  ;)
Hey Benobiwan, me too, I am in a special fuck** english class  :P

Humm.. Ok moi je vais traduire mon texte juste pour toi, mais c'est un spécial  ;)

rararar y0000000 next zelda on GC will fizzle da beat! there'll be alot of great MC diggin' the game around all his grizzle aspect !

hope to get more contents soon, ttyl!

Megachad => you speak quite well I guess... But you have to admit that living in Canada is very helpful ;)

Well, it may be fun of answering in english, but I agree with Alex => most members cannot understand

To answer to the question, I think there would not be as full of new weapon as we can imagine, I think progammers will just include 1 or 2 new object like they do for all new Zelda, but nothind really transcendent :)
And then, I think that fighting with the sword on Epona is enough a real good surprise, isn't it ?

Mouarf how many faults ? :mrgreen:  

CitationMe pas comprendre your language so parlez french please.
So if you don't understand our language, GET OUT !!!
lol I smile (je sais pas si ça se dit comme ça) :lol:

It's a topic speciality in the language english so if you don't know speak english this topic is not for you  ^_^  

01 Février 2005 à 17:14 #11 Dernière édition: 01 Février 2005 à 17:25 par Valoo
Bien je voudrais signaler quelque chose.
Ce topic est fait pour parler anglais. Donc tous les posts français sont hors sujet. Si vousd ne comprenez pas l'anglais, tant pis ! Ne demandez pas que l'on traduise.
Bref encore un post français dans ce topic et le le supprime.

edit : voilà j'ai effcé tous le spost contenant en grande partie du français ou de l'anglais bafouillé. Reprenez ! :)
Suivez mon défi fou : finir de nouveau chaque Zelda, à 100%, dans leur ordre chronologique afin de permettre une réécriture au fur et à mesure de la légende.

01 Février 2005 à 21:04 #12 Dernière édition: 07 Décembre 2015 à 05:27 par megachad
redacted
Megachad

CitationMouarf how many faults ?
Do not say faults; say mistakes

CitationI was wondering why would there be an English topic if half (or more) members on this forum don't understand it?
As for the new Zelda, i have fait that it'll be good, well it better be, or i'll get mad, i mean, REALLY mad.

In English, I (1st person singular) is always written with a capital. (I not i)

01 Février 2005 à 22:48 #14 Dernière édition: 01 Février 2005 à 22:48 par Couet
Oh Yes !! Of course, what a silly girl I am !! :lol:
My english get rusty... It's been for hum... 3 years I didn't practice !!
So please be indulgent :god: !!!
lol ...
Is "lol" the same as in english ? :unsure: AH !!! Good question !! :D

CitationDo not say faults; say mistakes

In English, I (1st person singular) is always written with a capital. (I not i)
So this is an English class now? Cool it looks great :)

Citation
Is "lol" the same as in english ? :unsure: AH !!! Good question !! :D

Yeah of course is it the same because it is an English expression!

LoL = Laughing Out Loud, or Lots Of Laugh depending on who you're talking to.  ^_^  
Citation

Living in Canada or anywhere else isn't gonna make you good, in my case, I mostly learned English by watching TV shows......(*that 70's show* is RAD)
Owerthise, it's mostly by listening in english classes you'll get good.
But i thought this topic was 'bout the new Zelda?
Vive le Québec!

Couet/BenObiWan-> As you (Ben) said, LOL is an English expression. In French, we say MDR for "Mort de Rire" or RPT for "Roule par Terre".

Alex-> Hum hum you're right. Enough off-topic!

02 Février 2005 à 14:18 #18 Dernière édition: 02 Février 2005 à 14:21 par glacian
We say too "PTDR" for "peter de rire".

Edit: Oups I am out of topic. I haven't seen.

I often play Zelda in english. Why ? Simply 'cause I can improve my english while doing this, and names are better in english, for example :

_Mercantîle becomes Windfall island.
_Excalibur becomes the Master sword, blade of evil's bane.
_La tour du salut becomes tower of salvation (I know, that wasn't in Zelda, but it's a good example , no :rolleyes: )
[/url]

CitationHumm... Mmm.. That dosen't matter if anyone are not able to speak english :P
If Zelda are so sexy in the next Zelda.. I will play just for her lol! :P
Zelda is very sexy but.... is a video game! :( lolll
Hyruleking The master of the dark realm[/U]

You're right Darkganon I agree.
Names of Zelda's video games are very better in english than in French. In fact, we are obliged to traduce english names but that isn't always easy...and sucessful !
ex :   Arriil => Arielle
        The king of Hyrule=> le roi d'hyrule
        The deku's tree=> L'arbre mojo ...
I'm not convincing ? Really ?
So, I havn't took a good examples... But Darkganon had a good ones.
In Nitendo le magazine officiel, they tell sometimes english video game's names are great in french, example :
Beyond Good and Evil => Par delà Bien et Mal...  
Better ? ...If you want... :wacko:

(yes, I know, my english isn't as good as Couet's english but I'm just in college and I'm very bad. Sorry.  :jesors: <= no, say "I get out" please !)
Tétrarielle, le retour...
23/08/04 => premier message sur solarus
15/02/05 => 100ème message sur solarus, champagne !

CitationI often play Zelda in english. Why ? Simply 'cause I can improve my english while doing this, and names are better in english, for example :

_Mercantîle becomes Windfall island.
_Excalibur becomes the Master sword, blade of evil's bane.
_La tour du salut becomes tower of salvation (I know, that wasn't in Zelda, but it's a good example , no :rolleyes: )
I agree with you. Playing a video game in English is great because it can improve your language skills by playing  :mrgreen:

I remember when "Link's Awakening"  was released on Game Boy, the legislation on video games didn't obliged the games to be translated in French. So at the beginning the game was in English and it was translated some month ago (don't remember excatly how long it took but I think it was at least three month...)
(Don't make me say what I did not, I do agree with the legislation to force Video Games translation, but sometimes it is good to have the English version too.)

So I bought the game in English. I wasn't really good at English at this time...
I remember that you can steal items from the shop in this game (don't do this stealing is bad!!!)  And once you've stollen something everybody starts calling you "thief" (voleur). I didn't understand the meaning of this word... I thought it was a bug  :D  It took me several years to finally understand the meaning of this name change  ^_^

CitationWe say too "PTDR" for "peter de rire".
An other way to say something like lol in English is ROFL which stands for Rolling On the Floor Laughing ;)

Citation

I agree for the names too.
CitationAn other way to say something like lol in English is ROFL which stands for Rolling On the Floor Laughing
Or LMAO, wich means Laughing My Ass Of.

03 Février 2005 à 22:18 #24 Dernière édition: 03 Février 2005 à 23:00 par Mopitcheau
Or STFU stands for Shut the F*** up

wordofdamodo: STFU don't have anything to do with LOL, ROFL  or LMAO.
Vive le Québec!

Je speak pas trés gut l'english...
Sorry !  :P  

CitationIch versteht nicht Englisch !!!
Oh my god !! It's german !!
You don't say "versteht" at first person singular but "verstehe" !!!

And if you're note able to speak english, don't post here ;)

Yes, I like watching soap operas on original version, like Friends, with french sub-titles, it's more interesting if you can understand what it's said.
And you can see play-words (huh ??I'm not sure ?) that are not in translation !!  ^_^  

I also like to watch movies and soap in English version. I think it's better because you got the true voice of the actor and not a speech which is not synchronized with the lips movement.
If you are very good in English and you got the French subtitles you can also laugh at the translation  :D  
Citation

It was just a joke ! I can perfectly speak english, but please, if you want to speak german, create a new topic, because I HATE german.
I'm going to join the FM to support G797 in his fight.
But I haven't any "console" (sorry I'm not able to translate it) so the next Zelda is'nt my problem...so i've a very good idea !
See you later !

But ,why a topic in english? :huh:
François 20

Citation de: François 20 le 01 Octobre 2005 à 00:19
But ,why a topic in english? :huh:
Why post in a old topic just to say anything interessant ? <_<
Thank you for your useless phrase.